Should MAOs and other entities submit subsequent replacement encounters using the ICN of the original encounter or the ICN of the previous replacement encounter?


MAOs and other entities should submit a replacement Encounter Data Record (EDR) using the Internal Control Number (ICN) from the most recently accepted submission for the record. In the example provided in the question, the subsequent replacement EDR should reference the ICN of the previously accepted replacement EDR.

Source: User Group Q&A Documentation from January 19, 2017

Last Updated: 01/19/2017