How can MAOs securely submit PII or PHI so that CMS may research issues?
To securely submit Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Personal Health Information (PHI), use the following steps:
- Contact the MAPD Help Desk at 1-800-927-8069 and request a Service NOW (SNOW) Case number be generated for the purpose of submitting a password protected file.
- Email the password protected file containing the sample data to the MAPD Help Desk (MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov).
- IMPORTANT: Include the SNOW Case number in the ‘Subject’ line to enable the Help Desk to pair your email with the SNOW Case.
- NOTE: In accordance with CMS’ Security Policy, the password for encrypted PII/PHI data cannot be emailed to the MAPD Help Desk. Please call the MAPD Help Desk with the password.
- Email the email@example.com or the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox with the SNOW Case number and question without the PII/PHI. Please do not submit PII/PHI unless CMS requests you provide specific examples.
Source: User Group Webinar on June 20, 2019